Lloyds Bank staff in Newmarket threatened with weapon during armed robbery
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Lloyds Bank in Newmarket were threatened with a weapon this afternoon when a man wearing a balaclava entered the building and demanded cash.
Police were called to the bank, on High Street, at around 2.45pm and an investigation is ongoing.
It is not yet clear if any money was stolen in the incident.
The offender is described as wearing a black balaclava and dark coloured jeans.
He ran out of the rear of the bank into Fred Archer Way.
You may also want to watch:
No-one was injured during the incident.
Police are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information to call Bury CID on 101 quoting crime 217.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor