Littleport man in court accused of having a Stanley type knife in a public place
- Credit: Cambs Cops
A Littleport man has appeared in court on multiple charges including that of having a Stanley type knife in a public place.
Steven William Barnes, 32, appeared before magistrates at Peterborough on March 27.
Barnes, of Lynn Road, Littleport, faces a charge of being in Cottier Drive, Littleport and without “good reason or lawful authority” a sharply pointed blade, ie a Stanley type knife.
He denied the charge that is alleged to have happened on January 5.
Barnes is also accused of assaulting a man on the same date and denies the charge.
On January 4 he is alleged to have assaulted a woman and again has denied the charge.
A further charge alleges that on January 5, Barnes assaulted a police officer who was “acting in the exercise of his functions as an emergency worker”. Barnes admitted the offence.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
Barnes was also charged with assaulting a second police officer on the same date and has admitted the offence.
He will appear in the dock at Cambridge Crown Court on April 16.