Littleport wrestler bidding for the world stage
- Credit: Archant
A WRESTLER from Littleport is bidding to become a star on the world stage by taking part in a reality television show.
Marty Scurll, 24, part of St Neots-based wrestling promotion company Southside Wrestling Entertainment, has signed up to the Challenge TV show Total Non-stop Action (TNA) Wrestling: British Boot Camp, which started broadcasting on January 1.
During the six-part series, with two bouts per show, the cameras go behind the scenes with Marty and the other contestants as they travel to the United States to be trained and mentored by famous names from the world of wrestling, such as Hulk Hogan.
The winner of the show will enter the TNA developmental system to hone their wrestling skills and get a signed contract which will give them the chance to appear on the TNA World Tour, which includes a stop-off at Wembley Arena on Saturday, January 26.
“British Boot Camp really is compulsive viewing,” said Dominic Wilkins, acting director of Challenge TV.
You may also want to watch:
“TNA Wrestling has a huge fanbase in the UK and it’s great to be able to commission exclusive original content which cements Challenge TV as the UK home for TNA Wrestling. This series will provide unmissable entertainment content which resonates with our viewers.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening