Littleport woman raises more than £500 for Wood Green Animal Shelter by completing charity skydive
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport woman has raised more than £500 for the Wood Green Animal Shelter charity by completing a skydive at the weekend.
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte jumped out of a plane at 13,500 feet, dressed in a dog onesie, on Saturday.
Having so far raised £505 from her fifth charity fundraiser in four years, Cathy - who says “even at 62 you are never too old to keep helping those less fortunate” - thanked those who had donated on her JustGiving page.
She wrote: “I thank everyone who donated not only through sponsorship, but provided prizes like Sharon Bishop and Ely’s Wood Green Animal Charity Shop manager Maggie as well as sponsors like Christine Garner, Geoff and Elliott, Edna from The Gate House B&B and Maria Stableford.
“You all made it possible helping me to raise over £500. My friend Jacqui Burford started the sponsorship rolling and I am truly grateful.”
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cathy-gibb-de-swarte1
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told