Littleport woman raises more than £500 for Wood Green Animal Shelter by completing charity skydive
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport woman has raised more than £500 for the Wood Green Animal Shelter charity by completing a skydive at the weekend.
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte jumped out of a plane at 13,500 feet, dressed in a dog onesie, on Saturday.
Having so far raised £505 from her fifth charity fundraiser in four years, Cathy - who says “even at 62 you are never too old to keep helping those less fortunate” - thanked those who had donated on her JustGiving page.
She wrote: “I thank everyone who donated not only through sponsorship, but provided prizes like Sharon Bishop and Ely’s Wood Green Animal Charity Shop manager Maggie as well as sponsors like Christine Garner, Geoff and Elliott, Edna from The Gate House B&B and Maria Stableford.
“You all made it possible helping me to raise over £500. My friend Jacqui Burford started the sponsorship rolling and I am truly grateful.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cathy-gibb-de-swarte1
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on