Littleport Town FC receives a donation
LITTLEPORT Town FC is a step closer to recovering from the devastating loss of thousands of pounds worth of its equipment, thanks to a donation from a local sporting firm. Stadia Sports have stepped in to donate training equipment, line wire, footballs an
LITTLEPORT Town FC is a step closer to recovering from the devastating loss of thousands of pounds worth of its equipment, thanks to a donation from a local sporting firm.
Stadia Sports have stepped in to donate training equipment, line wire, footballs and grounds maintenance equipment after the club's storage units were burnt to the ground when arsonists struck at the club on Christmas Day last year.
Soames Springthorpe, sales director at the company, based in Lancaster Way, Ely, said: "We've had employees who've played for Littleport over the years and we have people that work here who live in Littleport and have played for the team as juniors."
"It's really nice that we've been able to give a helping hand to a local team."
You may also want to watch:
Club secretary Carol Clark said the donation would be extremely useful to the club.
"It will help us out greatly," she said.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
"We lost everything to mark out pitches in the fire and the pitch maintenance equipment donated by Stadia will be used for all teams, from the mini-soccer league up to the seniors."
Pictured: Carol Clark and Richard Wilson from Littleport Town Football Club receive a donation of sporting equipment from Alan Loades, general manager of Stadia.