Littleport Town FC receives a donation
LITTLEPORT Town FC is a step closer to recovering from the devastating loss of thousands of pounds worth of its equipment, thanks to a donation from a local sporting firm. Stadia Sports have stepped in to donate training equipment, line wire, footballs an
LITTLEPORT Town FC is a step closer to recovering from the devastating loss of thousands of pounds worth of its equipment, thanks to a donation from a local sporting firm.
Stadia Sports have stepped in to donate training equipment, line wire, footballs and grounds maintenance equipment after the club's storage units were burnt to the ground when arsonists struck at the club on Christmas Day last year.
Soames Springthorpe, sales director at the company, based in Lancaster Way, Ely, said: "We've had employees who've played for Littleport over the years and we have people that work here who live in Littleport and have played for the team as juniors."
"It's really nice that we've been able to give a helping hand to a local team."
Club secretary Carol Clark said the donation would be extremely useful to the club.
"It will help us out greatly," she said.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 9 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
"We lost everything to mark out pitches in the fire and the pitch maintenance equipment donated by Stadia will be used for all teams, from the mini-soccer league up to the seniors."
Pictured: Carol Clark and Richard Wilson from Littleport Town Football Club receive a donation of sporting equipment from Alan Loades, general manager of Stadia.