Littleport to celebrate spring with ‘Best Dressed Shop Window’ competition
- Credit: Archant
Littleport’s shops are being challenged to do more than just a spring clean this month to create the best spring-themed window display possible.
The initiative is part of the town’s ‘Celebrate Spring’ event, which is held on Saturday April 2.
Although the theme is ‘spring’, this year is also the 150th anniversary of Beatrix Potter’s birth, so traders taking part are encouraged to incorporate this into their displays.
The winner will receive a silver cup, donated by Branching Out as part of the Spring Celebration event.
Councillor David Ambrose-Smith, chairman of the Littleport Town Team, will be one of the judges, with a member of Branching Out also judging on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally to the possibility of Peter Rabbits and Jemima Puddle-Ducks popping up in shop windows, Littleport’s town centre will be buzzing with activities.
There will be egg and spoon races in the grounds of St George’s Church, craft activities at Littleport Library and Sigma Embroidery, and an Easter egg hunt starting from The Other Shop.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Adams Community Market will be running in the Heritage Centre, and some cafés and restaurants will also be offering promotions and offers.
Cllr Ambrose Smith said: “We are looking forward to seeing some spring activities in Littleport town centre to help entertain residents and support the shops.
“We are really hoping that the traders will enjoy embracing our ‘Best Dressed Shop Window Competition’ and bring an added dose of fun and colour to the town.
“I can’t wait to see what wonderful creations there are.”
Visit Littleport’s Town Team Facebook page: www.facebook.com/littleporttownteam to view the dressed windows as they appear.