Volunteers give essentials for Littleport Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Timebank volunteers have shown their support to the Foodbank in Littleport with donations of food.
The Littleport and Ely Timebank members pooled several weeks’ worth of coffee morning donation money together to buy food for the local food bank, which has been running for six years.
A spokesman for the Timebank volunteers said: ““Sadly January is a time when donations are needed the most as it is a long month and money can be tight.”
Whilst members Fiona and Steve were in Aldi’s in Ely, the manager got wind of why they had two full trolleys of tins, and kindly donated £10 towards their efforts.
“In total, 15 trays of tins plus a collection of other items were also donated following the Timebank Christmas party.
“The Foodbank were grateful for this donation and also thanked the wider communities support.
• To find out more about Timebank, contact Caline on 07702517746 or email Caline.email@example.com.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
• Find them on Facebook at Littleport & Ely Timebank or on Twitter @littleportTime.