Volunteers give essentials for Littleport Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Timebank volunteers have shown their support to the Foodbank in Littleport with donations of food.
The Littleport and Ely Timebank members pooled several weeks’ worth of coffee morning donation money together to buy food for the local food bank, which has been running for six years.
A spokesman for the Timebank volunteers said: ““Sadly January is a time when donations are needed the most as it is a long month and money can be tight.”
Whilst members Fiona and Steve were in Aldi’s in Ely, the manager got wind of why they had two full trolleys of tins, and kindly donated £10 towards their efforts.
“In total, 15 trays of tins plus a collection of other items were also donated following the Timebank Christmas party.
You may also want to watch:
“The Foodbank were grateful for this donation and also thanked the wider communities support.
• To find out more about Timebank, contact Caline on 07702517746 or email Caline.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
• Find them on Facebook at Littleport & Ely Timebank or on Twitter @littleportTime.