Music festival success students from Littleport drop in to offer free performance to lunch club at leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
When you’ve tasted success at a local music festival against your peers, then there is no better way to thank your home village than to put on a show especially for them.
This is why musicians from the Littleport Academy came to be performing to a weekly gathering at the Littleport Leisure Centre.
The students had enjoyed a successful performance at the Ely Schools Music Festival last month and so were delighted to be invited by the senior lunch club at the leisure centre to entertain them.
Guests were treated to a selection of ukulele, violin and choir performances by some of our Year 7 & 8 students.
The programme included pieces by The Beatles, Take That and a violin folk tune.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma Dews, kitchen Co-ordinator at Littleport Leisure Centre, who organises the weekly lunch club, said the group absolutely loved the performance, and were thrilled to be able see the different areas of the campus come together.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools