Littleport store is top of the pile: local branch of Lloyds Pharmacy named best in region
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a pharmacy in Littleport are celebrating after their store was named as the best in the region.
Workers at the Lloyds Pharmacy, on Parson’s Lane, were delighted to discover they had been rewarded for their hard work and great customer service with a place in the final of the company’s Pharmacy of the Year competition.
The Littleport store, one of 1,600 across the country, was picked as the best from its region, and staff received £500 to spend on a team event and a place in the national final next month.
Pharmacy manager, Kat Bamber, says the store’s success is down to its customers.
She said: “I’m really, really proud and appreciative of all the support of our customers.
“I’m very proud of the team and we couldn’t have done it without them.”
Kat will be joined by four other members of staff at a glitzy awards gala on June 29 where they will find out if they have been crowned as the nation’s best store and receive a prize of £3,000.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
Dispenser at the store, Danielle Winters, was excited to hear the news of the store’s win.
“It’s the first time we’ve been nominated in the region,” she said. “We’ve got a range of people working here aged from 21 to 72, and to find out that we came top out of 200 other stores in the region is very exciting.”