Littleport Slimming World members set for Girls Night Out - a moonlight walk in aid of hospice
- Credit: Archant
A group of slimmers will do a charity moonlight walk in their pyjamas to raise funds for St Nicolas Hospice Care.
As part of Girls Night Out, Littleport Slimming World members will walk either six or 11.2 miles through Bury St Edmunds on September 12.
Slimming World consultant Sharon Heaps said: “We are aiming to get a team of 50 together for the event. It will be great fun and it is something we can do together.”
Last year, 1,500 women took part in the walk, raising £150,000. This year, organisers hope to do even better.
Group member Donna Cooper, who took part in Girls Night Out last year, said: “You cannot beat the way that the event is organised – the hospice works so hard to make it fun.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the fact that, on the night, so many people come out of their houses to support us. Because it is a local event I feel I am really making a difference. I know that taking part matters.”
Jenny Baskett, St Nicholas Hospice Care Events and Challenges fundraiser, said: “Every step you take and every pound you raise helps to keep St Nicholas Hospice Care doing what it does best – making living with dying better for people facing long-term and life-threatening illnesses and their families.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
To register or for more information, go to www.stnicholashospicecare.org.uk