Littleport Slimming World consultant awarded gold status for helping more than 100 people lose weight
- Credit: Archant
A slimming World consultant from Littleport has struck gold for helping more than 100 people to lose weight.
Sharon Heaps has been awarded ‘Gold’ status by the national slimming club because of her success in supporting slimmers to reach their ideal weight.
The accolade is given to consultants who consistently have 100 or more members in their group over several months.
Sharon said: “I’m passionate about helping people to transform their lives by losing weight and seeing them succeed is reward enough, but being given this recognition for the whole group is the icing on the cake.”
Her Littleport group has 135 members – and together they have lost a total of 316st in the last year.
You may also want to watch:
To join the Littleport group, which meets Tuesdays at 6pm and 7.30pm at the leisure centre, either pop along or call 01353 861499.
Sharon also runs a 9.30am group Tuesdays at the leisure centre and a group at Swaffham Prior Village Hall Thursdays at 5.30pm and 7pm.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall