Littleport Show on Saturday
THE Littleport Show, one of Cambridgeshire s largest country shows, is being held on Saturday at Highfield in Ely Road. Trade stands, a craft marquee, market stalls and side shows attract visitors from far and wide. This year the show will feature the Lit
THE Littleport Show, one of Cambridgeshire's largest country shows, is being held on Saturday at Highfield in Ely Road.
Trade stands, a craft marquee, market stalls and side shows attract visitors from far and wide.
This year the show will feature the Littleport horticultural marquee, vintage and veteran vehicles, the Littleport Society marquee, WI tea garden, barbecue, licensed bar and photographic competition display.
The main arena will feature the Heavens Above aerial stunt team, Romford Drum corps, leisure and working horse display and Soham Fenlander majorettes. Side show events include March veteran cycles, Ely Community samba band, Punch and Judy, bouncy castle, marquee theatre, Fabulous Feet school of dancing, Razz the Clown, a paper wizard and much more.
The show opens at 9am and runs until 5.30pm. Admission is £7 for adults and £4 for Senior Citizens. Children under 14 get in free when accompanied by an adult.
Parking and access should not be a problem. Such is the popularity of the show that there will be shuttle bus pick up points throughout the village on the day, with free buses running every 15 minutes.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Pic caps: Last year's Littleport Show was a huge success.
Photos: GEOFF DURRANT.