Littleport Show on Saturday
THE Littleport Show, one of Cambridgeshire s largest country shows, is being held on Saturday at Highfield in Ely Road. Trade stands, a craft marquee, market stalls and side shows attract visitors from far and wide. This year the show will feature the Lit
THE Littleport Show, one of Cambridgeshire's largest country shows, is being held on Saturday at Highfield in Ely Road.
Trade stands, a craft marquee, market stalls and side shows attract visitors from far and wide.
This year the show will feature the Littleport horticultural marquee, vintage and veteran vehicles, the Littleport Society marquee, WI tea garden, barbecue, licensed bar and photographic competition display.
The main arena will feature the Heavens Above aerial stunt team, Romford Drum corps, leisure and working horse display and Soham Fenlander majorettes. Side show events include March veteran cycles, Ely Community samba band, Punch and Judy, bouncy castle, marquee theatre, Fabulous Feet school of dancing, Razz the Clown, a paper wizard and much more.
You may also want to watch:
The show opens at 9am and runs until 5.30pm. Admission is £7 for adults and £4 for Senior Citizens. Children under 14 get in free when accompanied by an adult.
Parking and access should not be a problem. Such is the popularity of the show that there will be shuttle bus pick up points throughout the village on the day, with free buses running every 15 minutes.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Pic caps: Last year's Littleport Show was a huge success.
Photos: GEOFF DURRANT.