Littleport search and rescue trains it's first members
A new search and rescue team, based in Littleport, has successfully recruited and trained its first 15 members. The Cambridgeshire Emergency Response Search and Rescue Team is designed to help the full-time emergency services throughout the county when a
A new search and rescue team, based in Littleport, has successfully recruited and trained its first 15 members.
The Cambridgeshire Emergency Response Search and Rescue Team is designed to help the full-time emergency services throughout the county when a person goes missing.
It was launched by Paul Arnill and members attend regular training sessions in Littleport and a full day exercise once a month.
Now members are supporting a similar search and rescue team based in Essex to gain further experience.
They are also raising money to buy a fully kitted out control vehicle to enable them to run a search from anywhere in the county.
"CamSAR can activate a search or evacuation within one hour of callout and is completely self-sufficient utilizing its own radio communications network and can link with adjacent counties to cover cross-border and major incidents within the region," said Paul, from Wisbech. "The team is constantly reviewing its skill base and is available 24 hours per day 365 days per year."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
The team is looking to recruit another 20 members and anyone interested in joining or helping with fund-raising should contact Paul on 0845 329 1977.