Littleport search and rescue trains it's first members
A new search and rescue team, based in Littleport, has successfully recruited and trained its first 15 members. The Cambridgeshire Emergency Response Search and Rescue Team is designed to help the full-time emergency services throughout the county when a
A new search and rescue team, based in Littleport, has successfully recruited and trained its first 15 members.
The Cambridgeshire Emergency Response Search and Rescue Team is designed to help the full-time emergency services throughout the county when a person goes missing.
It was launched by Paul Arnill and members attend regular training sessions in Littleport and a full day exercise once a month.
Now members are supporting a similar search and rescue team based in Essex to gain further experience.
You may also want to watch:
They are also raising money to buy a fully kitted out control vehicle to enable them to run a search from anywhere in the county.
"CamSAR can activate a search or evacuation within one hour of callout and is completely self-sufficient utilizing its own radio communications network and can link with adjacent counties to cover cross-border and major incidents within the region," said Paul, from Wisbech. "The team is constantly reviewing its skill base and is available 24 hours per day 365 days per year."
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
The team is looking to recruit another 20 members and anyone interested in joining or helping with fund-raising should contact Paul on 0845 329 1977.