Littleport’s Jane scoops �200 worth of goodies thank to Ely Standard
SHE thought it was a joke – but now Ely Standard reader Jane Fisher is all smiles after learning she really did win our trolley dash competition in conjunction with the Anglia Co-operative foodstore at Littleport.
She scooped a two-minute dash around the Wisbech Road store as the prize in the competition – and finished up with a trolley-load of goodies worth �197.
Mrs Fisher, of Parsons Lane, Littleport,, who suffers from arthritis, was unable to do the dash – so her daughter Susan Wakefield, also of Littleport, stepped in for her.
Mrs Fisher said: “I’ve entered several competitions in the past without any luck and, at first, I thought it was a wind-up when I got a telephone call to say I’d won.
“I can’t run because of my arthritis, so Susan did it for me. She did ever so well – I just told her to get what she could and she got a good selection of everything; even dog food for our dog and some luxuries for us!
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very pleased with what we got in our trolley – it’s made a great start to the New Year!”
Store manager Chris Wright said: “Susan did ever so well. Two minutes goes very quickly and she finished with a very impressive final total.”
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list