Littleport’s Jane scoops �200 worth of goodies thank to Ely Standard
SHE thought it was a joke – but now Ely Standard reader Jane Fisher is all smiles after learning she really did win our trolley dash competition in conjunction with the Anglia Co-operative foodstore at Littleport.
She scooped a two-minute dash around the Wisbech Road store as the prize in the competition – and finished up with a trolley-load of goodies worth �197.
Mrs Fisher, of Parsons Lane, Littleport,, who suffers from arthritis, was unable to do the dash – so her daughter Susan Wakefield, also of Littleport, stepped in for her.
Mrs Fisher said: “I’ve entered several competitions in the past without any luck and, at first, I thought it was a wind-up when I got a telephone call to say I’d won.
“I can’t run because of my arthritis, so Susan did it for me. She did ever so well – I just told her to get what she could and she got a good selection of everything; even dog food for our dog and some luxuries for us!
“I’m very pleased with what we got in our trolley – it’s made a great start to the New Year!”
Store manager Chris Wright said: “Susan did ever so well. Two minutes goes very quickly and she finished with a very impressive final total.”
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?