Village runners refuse to be beaten amid pandemic
Lyn Gibb-de Swarte
- Credit: Supplied/Lyn Gibb-de Swarte
Littleport runners have seen their usual activities curtailed this year, but they still refuse to be beaten.
The Littleport Leisure Centre is the usual venue for parkruns, but these have been suspended for large parts of 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, runners turn out to run the 5k distance as individuals and in small groups, like the ‘fabulous four’ of Cathy Gibb-de Swarte, Andrea Sullivan, Chelsey Meadows and Julie Murfitt.
On Saturday, December 12, the group were joined by Jack Barry, who is no stranger to fancy dress as he should have been appearing in the Littleport Players' Christmas pantomime.
Sadly, now fallen foul of the infamous Broker’s Men and Ugly Sisters due to government guidelines enforced, the Players’ management are determined to come back stronger than ever.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be back real soon!” they said.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol