Littleport ‘reindeer’ raises over £100 for charity at festive run
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport woman who raised over £100 for charity has given her personal view on taking part in the Ely 5K Festive Run.
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte took part in the fundraising event along with hundreds of others who raised money for the Arthur Rank Hospice.
The 61-year-old, who dressed as a reindeer of the day, said: “I found my first 5k charity run fun, but quite hard going.
“I began to flag just after the 4km mark. And as an athletic looking Santa with his two doggies overtook me I wondered if I’d be able to finish.
“But knowing that we were all raising funds for the Arthur Rank Hospice kept me going. I managed to finish in a time of 34.12 seconds.”
You may also want to watch:
Cathy, representing the Littleport Runners, was one of 530 runners who braved the cold and rain on Sunday.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station