Littleport Playgroup Closed For Two Days After Child Contracted Swine Flu
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu. The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village s Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday. No cases have been reported
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu.
The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village's Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday.
No cases have been reported at the primary school itself, which remained open.
Wayne Perez-Bent, chairman of the Busy Bees committee, said: "Tracy Rudderham, the playgroup leader, and I took the decision to close purely as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
"We were told on Sunday night that a little girl had been diagnosed with swine flu and was taking medication and we discussed what we should do. We looked on the internet for guidance, which says swine flu is now at a treatment stage and not containment. Although the guidance recommended we stay open, we decided to close as a precaution. We wanted to take an active role; there are so many conflicting reports so we wanted to give some peace of mind to parents.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown