Littleport Playgroup Closed For Two Days After Child Contracted Swine Flu
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu. The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village s Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday. No cases have been reported
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu.
The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village's Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday.
No cases have been reported at the primary school itself, which remained open.
Wayne Perez-Bent, chairman of the Busy Bees committee, said: "Tracy Rudderham, the playgroup leader, and I took the decision to close purely as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
"We were told on Sunday night that a little girl had been diagnosed with swine flu and was taking medication and we discussed what we should do. We looked on the internet for guidance, which says swine flu is now at a treatment stage and not containment. Although the guidance recommended we stay open, we decided to close as a precaution. We wanted to take an active role; there are so many conflicting reports so we wanted to give some peace of mind to parents.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby