Littleport Playgroup Closed For Two Days After Child Contracted Swine Flu
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu. The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village s Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday. No cases have been reported
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu.
The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village's Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday.
No cases have been reported at the primary school itself, which remained open.
Wayne Perez-Bent, chairman of the Busy Bees committee, said: "Tracy Rudderham, the playgroup leader, and I took the decision to close purely as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
"We were told on Sunday night that a little girl had been diagnosed with swine flu and was taking medication and we discussed what we should do. We looked on the internet for guidance, which says swine flu is now at a treatment stage and not containment. Although the guidance recommended we stay open, we decided to close as a precaution. We wanted to take an active role; there are so many conflicting reports so we wanted to give some peace of mind to parents.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings