Littleport Playgroup Closed For Two Days After Child Contracted Swine Flu
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu. The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village s Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday. No cases have been reported
A PLAYGROUP in Littleport closed for two days this week after a child was diagnosed with swine flu.
The Busy Bees playgroup, which is run from a room at the village's Millfield Primary School, was closed on Monday and Tuesday.
No cases have been reported at the primary school itself, which remained open.
Wayne Perez-Bent, chairman of the Busy Bees committee, said: "Tracy Rudderham, the playgroup leader, and I took the decision to close purely as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
"We were told on Sunday night that a little girl had been diagnosed with swine flu and was taking medication and we discussed what we should do. We looked on the internet for guidance, which says swine flu is now at a treatment stage and not containment. Although the guidance recommended we stay open, we decided to close as a precaution. We wanted to take an active role; there are so many conflicting reports so we wanted to give some peace of mind to parents.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound