Littleport Players nominated for three NODA awards
- Credit: Archant
The Littleport Players have been nominated for three nationally-recognised awards.
The theatre group, who performed ‘Cinderella’ at the Littleport Ex-Servicemen’s Club, are up for three NODA (National Operatic Dramatic Association) awards.
Their production of ‘Avenue Q’ is in the running for best musical of 2016 and best technical award – for handmade puppets. ‘Cinderella’ is also listed in the best pantomime category.
“We are all so excited and delighted to have been nominated not only for one award, but for three,” said Littleport Players actor Becky Green.
“And I believe Sheila Goodall, our own hard-working costume designer and gifted puppet maker who has been with us for a good 10 years now, has every chance of picking up the best technical award of 2016.”
Director Karen Booth added: “We say to Sheila this is what musical or panto we are doing, and before you know it, she has come up with these amazing creations singlehandedly.
“She is a little gem and really deserves to receive such a coveted award.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
In 2014, one of the group’s actors, George Harrison, picked up the best youth actor award for his lead role in ‘Bugsy Malone’.
In 2015, the Players won best technical for set, makeup and props for their production of ‘The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe’.
The winners will be announced on Sunday April 9.