Workers taken to hospital at Littleport Mushroom Farm after suspected chemical incident
- Credit: Archant
A number of workers at Littleport Mushroom Farm were taken to hospital after a suspected chemical incident.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the site yesterday afternoon (August 20) after staff started to experience difficulty breathing.
A spokesperson for G's Fresh, who own the site, said: "A few people at the mushroom factory said that they felt unwell so we brought in the emergency services.
"The fire brigade used specialist equipment to test to see if there had been a gas leak but they could not identify anything.
"Normal service was resumed at the site last night."
You may also want to watch:
The incident was contained to the premises and there was no risk to members of the public.
Cambridgeshire Police say that the Health and Safety Executive is now investigating.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning