Littleport mum ‘devastated’ after seeing pictures of herself takes the plunge to get help to lose weight
- Credit: Archant
A mother of one from Littleport says seeing a devastating picture of herself in July 2015 encouraged her to take control and get help to lose weight.
After giving birth to her son in 2014, Jo Andow struggled with her weight and said she was “unhappy” and had “lost all confidence”.
Jo, who joined a slimming group in August 2015 with the aim of losing just under two stone, said: “I was scared about attending the group, but everyone was so friendly and it was a really relaxed environment.”
She is still enjoying her favourite foods such as chips, burgers and spaghetti bolognaise and is also enjoying trying out new recipes.
Jo said: “I was shocked at how easy it is and I couldn’t believe how much I could eat, I’m never hungry.
You may also want to watch:
“I am only five foot tall, so my weight gain was really noticeable and was having an impact on me as a mum.
“I was feeling low and didn’t want to leave the house, my little boy started walking at nine and a half months and I was struggling to find the energy to keep up with him.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“I attended my local slimming group and was given a warm welcome.
“I have been fully supported by family and friends, which has made it easy.”
Jo’s partner said: “I can tell Jo is so much happier; she is more confident and wearing fitted clothes again.”
She is now training to become a Slimming World consultant and said: “I would love to be able to help and support others in the same way I have been.”
Jo opened her first group in June 2016, then in June 2017 started looking after the Outwell group after the consulatant left.
“The group is so friendly and supportive of each other.
“I am moving closer to the area so decided to transfer my licence and will now be the permanent consultant of the Outwell group.
“I have already seen so many members achieve their weight loss dreams and excited to help more people achieve theirs.”
Jo is currently pregnant with her second child and said: “The wonderful thing is that Slimming World is the only plan recommended by The Royal College of Midwives and safe to follow during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.”
The group is on Thursdays from 9.30am at Outwell Village Hall.
For more information, contact Jo through Facebook, Slimming World Outwell, or via phone on 07527646062.