Littleport mum ‘devastated’ after seeing pictures of herself takes the plunge to get help to lose weight
- Credit: Archant
A mother of one from Littleport says seeing a devastating picture of herself in July 2015 encouraged her to take control and get help to lose weight.
After giving birth to her son in 2014, Jo Andow struggled with her weight and said she was “unhappy” and had “lost all confidence”.
Jo, who joined a slimming group in August 2015 with the aim of losing just under two stone, said: “I was scared about attending the group, but everyone was so friendly and it was a really relaxed environment.”
She is still enjoying her favourite foods such as chips, burgers and spaghetti bolognaise and is also enjoying trying out new recipes.
Jo said: “I was shocked at how easy it is and I couldn’t believe how much I could eat, I’m never hungry.
“I am only five foot tall, so my weight gain was really noticeable and was having an impact on me as a mum.
“I was feeling low and didn’t want to leave the house, my little boy started walking at nine and a half months and I was struggling to find the energy to keep up with him.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 3 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
“I attended my local slimming group and was given a warm welcome.
“I have been fully supported by family and friends, which has made it easy.”
Jo’s partner said: “I can tell Jo is so much happier; she is more confident and wearing fitted clothes again.”
She is now training to become a Slimming World consultant and said: “I would love to be able to help and support others in the same way I have been.”
Jo opened her first group in June 2016, then in June 2017 started looking after the Outwell group after the consulatant left.
“The group is so friendly and supportive of each other.
“I am moving closer to the area so decided to transfer my licence and will now be the permanent consultant of the Outwell group.
“I have already seen so many members achieve their weight loss dreams and excited to help more people achieve theirs.”
Jo is currently pregnant with her second child and said: “The wonderful thing is that Slimming World is the only plan recommended by The Royal College of Midwives and safe to follow during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.”
The group is on Thursdays from 9.30am at Outwell Village Hall.
For more information, contact Jo through Facebook, Slimming World Outwell, or via phone on 07527646062.