Littleport motorcycle group 363 MCC give Santa a run for his money as gifts fly in ahead of annual toy run in aid of Addendbrooke’s children’s wards
- Credit: Archant
With a shop window full to the brim with donated gifts, Almost Angels Tattoo Family in Ely is preparing to put smiles on a lot of children’s faces this Christmas.
Steve Tucker runs the studio and is part of 363 MCC – ‘a local group of guys and girls with interests in all the good things; motorcycles, music and good times’.
The group will be pulling on their Santa outfits and filling their sacks this Sunday as they deliver presents in aid of Addenbrooke’s Hospital children’s wards.
“The response has been incredible,” Steve said. “We’ve got everything from socks and hair clips to cuddly toys and games.”
From 10am this Sunday the Bikers Christmas Toy Run, which has “grown and grown over the years,” will see 17 members of the Littleport-based 363 MCC group get on their bikes to take gifts to children in the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve only been collecting since the weekend and the window is already filled up,” he added.
“A four-year-old lad called Baxter even came in and donated one of his own Christmas presents, that’s what moved me most.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
For more information about the Bikers Christmas Toy Run, visit www.facebook.com/camtoyrun