Littleport Lions Club hold Commonwealth-themed charter meal at Prickwillow Village Hall.
- Credit: Archant
Indian curry, Canadian salmon and Aussie bangers were on the menu at Littleport Lions Club’s charter meal.
Held at Prickwillow Village Hall, the annual event was attended by more than 50 people including the Mayor of Ely, Councillor Mike Rouse, and mayoress Cassie Rouse.
David Ellis, of the club, which was chartered (started) eight years ago, said: “We pride ourselves on being a family friendly club which raises money for charity.
“So our charters are usually a theme-based lunch enabling the whole family to attend.
“The theme this year was the Commonwealth and the food reflected this theme.
You may also want to watch:
“We had Indian curries, Canadian salmon and Aussie bangers and burgers. “So with fun and games followed by tiffin, a wonderful afternoon tea with cakes made by Harriet a 14 year old member of our Leo’s club, the whole event was great fun.
“We think it’s the first time the club has had a Lions president and a Leo president that are father and son.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For more information about what the Littleport Lions do email email@example.com or call 07817 592538.