The official opening of Littleport’s new leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
The new £5.5m leisure centre in Littleport has been officially opened by MP Steve Barclay.
The NE Cambs MP joined the event, organised to give people a chance to see the range of top class facilities available for community use.
Mr Barclay said: “It has fantastic gym facilities, dance studio, cafe and an entertainment area.
“If you live in Littleport and have not yet seen it then it’s time for a visit.
“Thanks to David Ambrose-Smith, Clive Webber, Debra Jordan and all those who made it happen.”
You may also want to watch:
The new facility was developed alongside the new Littleport and East Cambs Academy and operated by Littleport Leisure (local trust).
It will be open throughout the day, evenings and at weekends with activities including a four court sports hall, two court activities hall, a fitness suite, exercise studio, bar, function and conference suite.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
There is also a floodlit training area and grass pitches.
Some of the sports on offer are badminton, basketball, judo, korfball and pilates.