Motorist to get a knock at the door from police after driving car onto the Littleport Leisure Centre field
- Credit: Archant
A motorist will be getting an unwelcome knock at the door this week after driving their car onto the Littleport Leisure Centre field.
Police officers witnessed a black Volkswagen Golf driving onto Littleport leisure centre field yesterday afternoon (Sunday September 2).
“Unfortunately they were not able to speak to the driver at the time but he has been identified and will be receiving a knock on the door soon,” said a police spokesman.
One person said on social media: “If they are old enough to drive they should be old enough to know better. Thanks for your hard work.”
Another suggested that officers should head to Soham to deal with a similar issue, with one person writing on social media: “Come to Soham… scooter on school field.”
You may also want to watch:
It comes just weeks after a safety prevention plan was launched in a bid to “take back Littleport” in response to increased crime, drugs, speeding and anti-social behaviour.
Police say they are currently receiving 20 to 40 calls a month reporting “rowdy and nuisance behaviour fuelled by alcohol along with drug taking and nuisance vehicle use.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor