Littleport is full of festive spirit as the village holds a special Celebrate Christmas event
- Credit: Archant
Main Street in Littleport was buzzing on Saturday for a special celebrate Christmas event.
Organised in just three weeks by Emma Hunter from the Copper Cup Cafe with support from the Rotary Club and the Littleport Town Team the event included lots of festive activities.
Father Christmas was in the library with his little helpers where he met children and handed out presents.
The library was also the place for people to create personalised Christmas decorations, which could be turned into a gift by Sigma Embroidery.
Adams Community market was full of stalls selling lots of festive goodies.
For those wanting a challenge there was the hunt a star trail with stars hidden in shop window displays.
St George’s Church Christmas market was also a popular attraction with craft stalls selling lots of unusual gifts.
- 1 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 2 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 3 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 7 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
There was musical entertainment round the village’s Christmas tree. There was a face painter and lots of stalls, including charity ones, along Main Street.
Emma said: “I organised the day in just three weeks and can honestly say that it was worth all of the time, stress and effort.
“I’m happy to report that all of the shops on Main Street reported increases in their takings but most importantly, the village was full of the old community festive buzz that had been lost. We are already thinking ahead for next year. Only bigger and better!”