Littleport is full of festive spirit as the village holds a special Celebrate Christmas event
- Credit: Archant
Main Street in Littleport was buzzing on Saturday for a special celebrate Christmas event.
Organised in just three weeks by Emma Hunter from the Copper Cup Cafe with support from the Rotary Club and the Littleport Town Team the event included lots of festive activities.
Father Christmas was in the library with his little helpers where he met children and handed out presents.
The library was also the place for people to create personalised Christmas decorations, which could be turned into a gift by Sigma Embroidery.
Adams Community market was full of stalls selling lots of festive goodies.
You may also want to watch:
For those wanting a challenge there was the hunt a star trail with stars hidden in shop window displays.
St George’s Church Christmas market was also a popular attraction with craft stalls selling lots of unusual gifts.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
There was musical entertainment round the village’s Christmas tree. There was a face painter and lots of stalls, including charity ones, along Main Street.
Emma said: “I organised the day in just three weeks and can honestly say that it was worth all of the time, stress and effort.
“I’m happy to report that all of the shops on Main Street reported increases in their takings but most importantly, the village was full of the old community festive buzz that had been lost. We are already thinking ahead for next year. Only bigger and better!”