Littleport gymnasts compete in Meapa Invitational
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Gymnastics Club (LGC) travelled to Kent at the weekend to compete in The Meapa Invitational, which saw more than 300 gymnasts compete floor and vault over two days.
This year LGC entered 30 gymnasts, boys and girls of different ages in three different levels: keysteps, novice and advanced.
The competition was of an exceptionally high standard this year with over 10 different clubs entering from the whole of the southern region.
Diana Strange, of the club, said: "Our gymnasts at Littleport Gymnastics Club did exceptionally well and achieved medal and ribbon placings in all categories which we had entered them in.
"Both myself and Denise are so proud of our young boys and girls who kept their nerve and performed amazingly in such a tough event."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the club visit www.littleportgymnastics.co.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation