Littleport Grange care home unveils £2 million expansion plans
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport care home is set to receive a £2 million expansion, allowing for more than 20 more beds.
Minster, who run the Littleport Grange, are to build a new home on its Ely Road grounds, featuring a dining room, café, bar and two lounges, as well as added 21 more beds, increasing the home’s overall capacity to 80. The home’s grounds and car park are also set for a face-lift.
The building will be made from traditional materials, feature an environmentally friendly roof and the architecture will “harmonise with the existing 19th century property,” say developers.
Kathryn McGuirk, manager at Littleport Grange, said: “We are very pleased that Minster have decided to invest in this development.
“It will allow us to enhance our current offering and provide care to more people. When it’s finished, Littleport will be unlike any other home in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
The first phase of the development will involve demolishing several derelict buildings on Grange Lane to make way for a larger car park.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station