100 birthday cards - including one from the Queen - for Littleport’s oldest woman as she celebrates turning 106 with a party and cake
- Credit: Archant
Littleport’s oldest woman, who has lived in the village all of her life, celebrated her 106th birthday this week.
Elsie Alice Flack, who is a resident at The Grange Care Home, marked the special occasion with a birthday party and cake.
Aga Wrowblewska, senior career, said: "Elsie was quite surprised. I don't think she expected anything like that."
Elsie also received a card from the Queen as well as hundreds of birthday messages on Facebook when her niece Ann Garwood posted a photo of her from the party on the Littleport Notice Board page.
Lyndsay Cross commented: "We sang happy birthday to her and her face was a picture, bless her
You may also want to watch:
She has had a very tiring afternoon
A post on the Littleport Grange Facebook page read: "Thank you so much for all the amazing cards Elsie received for her birthday! Well over 100! She's tired from opening them all."
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry