Littleport fundraiser Cathy to skydive in aid of Wood Green Animal Shelter charity
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport woman will skydive this Saturday to raise money for the Wood Green Animal Shelter charity.
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte is hoping to be part of the Skyline Parachuting world record attempt by having over 330 skydivers jumping in the name of charity at Peterborough Airfield.
The 62-year-old, who is a journalist at Littleport Life magazine and ambassador for Littleport and Ely Timebank, has completed five fundraising events for various charities over the last four years.
She said: “I thought let’s do something more off the wall and outrageous, so I came up with the idea of a tandem skydive for the Wood Green Animal Shelter Charity.
“I set up my JustGiving page in April, and approached local Littleport people, pubs, clubs, and local shops, as well as Ely’s Wood Green Animal charity shop, who again have all been fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.justgiving.com/cathy-Gibb-de-Swarte1 to donate.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry