Free sport and gym sessions for young people with learning and physical disabilities in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Free sport and gym sessions for young people with learning and physical disabilities start this month in Littleport.
Littleport Leisure and Sanctuary Housing are hosting the activities at the Littleport Leisure Centre, on Camel Road.
The weekly two-hour sessions - for people aged 14 to 22 - will include various coached games and accessible gym lessons adapted for a range of abilities.
Sessions, which take place between 1pm and 3pm, begin on Thursday September 13 and will run until the New Year.
They form part of Sanctuary’s wider Love Sport initiative, which aims to engage more than 2,250 residents in sport and fitness activities.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Peacock, Littleport Leisure’s assistant manager, added: “We want to ignite a passion for sport among as many young people in our community as possible, ensuring that everyone can access and benefit from our wonderful facility.”
To book sessions in advance, call the leisure centre on 01353 373 800.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 9 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound