Littleport footballer Will, 25, picked for England squad in Deaf European Championships
A talented footballer from Littleport has been chosen as part of the England squad to play in the Deaf European Championships.
Will Rolls, aged 25, had to raise £1000 to secure his spot, with the local community all chipping in.
In recent years Will has played for Littleport Town Football Club and Peterborough United's Deaf Football Club.
Proud grandmother, Susan Green, said: "Football has been his passion since he was tiny.
"This has always been a dream of his and he has never let being deaf hold him back.
You may also want to watch:
"Will has worked very hard to get where he is with teams in Littleport and Peterborough.
"He is very excited for this opportunity."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Funds were raised for Will's trip by a quiz night held at Littleport Leisure Centre and kind donations from his Littleport Town, friends and family.
The championships will take place next month with Will flying out on May 29.