Littleport footballer Will, 25, picked for England squad in Deaf European Championships
A talented footballer from Littleport has been chosen as part of the England squad to play in the Deaf European Championships.
Will Rolls, aged 25, had to raise £1000 to secure his spot, with the local community all chipping in.
In recent years Will has played for Littleport Town Football Club and Peterborough United's Deaf Football Club.
Proud grandmother, Susan Green, said: "Football has been his passion since he was tiny.
"This has always been a dream of his and he has never let being deaf hold him back.
You may also want to watch:
"Will has worked very hard to get where he is with teams in Littleport and Peterborough.
"He is very excited for this opportunity."
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Funds were raised for Will's trip by a quiz night held at Littleport Leisure Centre and kind donations from his Littleport Town, friends and family.
The championships will take place next month with Will flying out on May 29.