Littleport firm signs deal to provide equipment for Germany’s largest offshore wind farm
- Credit: Archant
Littleport firm JDR has won a major new contract to provide more than 70kilometres of cable to support a new offshore wind farm in Germany.
The hi-tec company, based in Wisbech Road, signed a contract with Siem Offshore Contractors for the Nordsee One offshore wind farm, which will form part of Germany’s largest offshore wind farm cluster.
JDR will provide over 70 kilometres of aluminium core inter-array cable, cable accessories and post-delivery offshore services.
The 54-turbine Nordsee One wind farm will be located about 40 kilometres north of the German Juist Island and will be set in a water depth of up to 34 metres.
The cables will be designed by JDR’s in-house engineering team and manufactured at JDR’s Hartlepool facility.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the inter-array cables, JDR will supply a range of accessories including cable pulling grips and hang-offs, cable cleats, power core termination connectors and fibre optic splice boxes.
Paul Gahm, of JDR, said: “This project is a strategically important development for the European offshore wind market.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“The cost-efficient aluminium core inter-array cables that have been selected for this project are the latest development in a growing JDR range of products and accessories, designed to support the long-term development of offshore wind energy production.“