Littleport firm signs deal to provide equipment for Germany’s largest offshore wind farm
- Credit: Archant
Littleport firm JDR has won a major new contract to provide more than 70kilometres of cable to support a new offshore wind farm in Germany.
The hi-tec company, based in Wisbech Road, signed a contract with Siem Offshore Contractors for the Nordsee One offshore wind farm, which will form part of Germany’s largest offshore wind farm cluster.
JDR will provide over 70 kilometres of aluminium core inter-array cable, cable accessories and post-delivery offshore services.
The 54-turbine Nordsee One wind farm will be located about 40 kilometres north of the German Juist Island and will be set in a water depth of up to 34 metres.
The cables will be designed by JDR’s in-house engineering team and manufactured at JDR’s Hartlepool facility.
Alongside the inter-array cables, JDR will supply a range of accessories including cable pulling grips and hang-offs, cable cleats, power core termination connectors and fibre optic splice boxes.
Paul Gahm, of JDR, said: “This project is a strategically important development for the European offshore wind market.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 8 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 9 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 10 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
“The cost-efficient aluminium core inter-array cables that have been selected for this project are the latest development in a growing JDR range of products and accessories, designed to support the long-term development of offshore wind energy production.“