Littleport firm crowns top fish and chip shop
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Ely Produce has once again crowned a fish and chip shop for its knowledge in the use of the region’s potato crop.
Simpsons Fish & Chips in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, scooped the From Field to Frier Award backed by Littleport firm Isle of Ely Produce at this year’s National Fish & Chip Awards.
The award celebrates fish and chip businesses which show excellent potato knowledge and responsible sourcing methods, as well as their skills in producing the finest quality chips.
The ceremony took place at Lancaster London Hotel, in London.
Isle of Ely Produce is one of the UK’s largest potato suppliers, acting on behalf of farmers and wholesalers.
You may also want to watch:
Oliver Boutwood, director at Isle of Ely Produce, said: “This award, which is now in its third year, has really grasped the attention and imagination of both farmers and friers alike and it has become a part of our intrinsic values here at Isle of Ely.
“Simpsons Fish & Chips has to be commended for their dedication and passion. Their commitment to responsible sourcing and maintaining industry standards are second to none, well done to them.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor