Halloween dispersal order in Littleport overnight in response to ‘excessive anti-social behaviour’
- Credit: Archant
A Halloween dispersal order is in place in Littleport until 5am tomorrow (Thursday November 1) as the village is, according to officers, “a current policing priority” due to “excessive anti-social behaviour”.
The order, under Section 34 of the Crime & Policing Act 2014 and authorised by Inspector Rogerson, was put in place as a response to “rowdy behaviour, alcohol and drugs misuse caused by youths, young adults and older males”.
Inspector Rogerson said: “The purpose of the order is to allow us to target those who cause issues to the local community.
“It is not about preventing or restricting people going about their daily business. During the period of authorisation, where a PC or a PCSO believes there is the potential for anti-social behaviour and that it is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress, where there are groups of individuals engaging in that behaviour, then the officer may direct the individual/s to leave the area.
“Our Halloween message is clear: ‘enjoy yourself and be safe’ but please be considerate to those who do not wish to get involved.”
You may also want to watch:
The areas covered by the order are:
1. Littleport Leisure Centre off Camel Rd, including the adjacent scout hut, football club, cricket club and two grass areas either side of the leisure centre which facilitate football & cricket. It does not include Camel Road itself
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
2. Littleport Recreation ground located between Wisbech Road and Parson’s Lane and adjacent to the recreation ground
3. St George’s medical centre and car park also located between Wisbech Road and Parson’s Lane adjacent to the recreation ground
4. St George’s Church grounds located between Wisbech Road and Church Lane
5. The land located between Wisbech Road, Church Lane, St George’s Medical Centre & St George’s Church
6. The Harley Davidson memorial green located adjacent to Church Lane
7. The stretch of Church Lane which runs between St George’s Church and Harley Davidson memorial green which ends adjacent to St George’s Church grounds to the east and as it reaches the junction with Limes Close to the west