Littleport Dental Surgery praised by CQC for its efforts in recovering from damning report
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Dental Surgery is back on track after receiving a damning Care Quality Commission report in October.
The surgery was slammed by the CQC after an inspection found “a lack of oversight meant that nationally recommended decontamination procedures were not being followed.”
Practice manager Dr Amiras Chokshi was told to take action after the CQC found the practice at 11 Granby Street “was not providing well-led care in accordance with the relevant regulations.”
But a report following another visit on February 13 found that “effective action had been taking to address its shortfalls.”
The report said: “During our announced comprehensive inspection on 25 October, we found a breach of legal requirements in relation to the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
“Following this inspection, the practise wrote to us to say what they would do to meet legal requirements.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall, we found that effective action had been taken and robust systems had been implemented to ensure continued compliance.”
The inspection found that all staff had received additional training in the correct decontamination procedures and that the owner had refreshed herself on the national guidance.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
It said significant event recording had become more robust, and that an infection control audit had been completed in November.