Littleport company JDR Cable Systems donates £4,100 cheque to village’s Branching Out charity
- Credit: Archant
A Littleport company has donated a cheque for £4,100 to the village’s Branching Out charity.
Staff at JDR Cable Systems Ltd, a manufacturer of subsea cables, have been raising money throughout 2017, with organised events such as football matches, an open day for family and friends, some smaller events, cake sales and dress down Friday’s.
Steph Murfet, from JDR, said: “At JDR we like to support a local charity each year.
“We visited Branching Out at the start of 2017 and were impressed by all the hard work the staff do to help adults and their families in and around Littleport.
A representative for Branching Out said: “We are a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities to live active and fulfilling lives in the community.
You may also want to watch:
“The money that JDR has raised will go towards the refurbishment of our workshop. The improvements to our workshop will provide an even better environment for our service users to work and socialise, where they can benefit from the use of a treadmill along with other activities.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound