Littleport Community Primary School says farewell to retiring head and deputy head teachers
- Credit: Archant
LITTLEPORT Community Primary School said farewell to retiring head teacher Lesley Plant and deputy head Clare Thompson at a final assembly.
Mrs Plant, who has been at the helm for seven years, said: “I have loved my job and it has been a great privilege to educate the young people of Littleport.
“I want to thank the many staff, governors and parents, both past and present, who have given their support to the development and improvement of the school. This wonderful community will forever hold a very special place in my heart.”
Mrs Thompson, who has been at the school for 15 years, said: “It has been an enormous privilege to be part of the team which makes this school so special.”
Pupils presented gifts to Mrs Plant and Mrs Thompson as well as teachers Vicky Perkins and Hannah Pickup and teaching assistant Julie Godsmark, who are also leaving.
You may also want to watch:
Of the Year 6 pupils moving to secondary schools in September, Mrs Plant said: “We have watched them grow into confident, well rounded individuals and we hope they take with them many happy memories.”
Inspectors from Ofsted said the quality of teaching and pupil achievement at the school require improvement following an inspection in March. Mrs Plant was praised for her strong leadership.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam