Littleport Co-operative staff wear pink to raise more than £1,300 for a breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a foodstore looked pretty in pink as they raised more than £1,300 for a breast cancer charity.
A cake sale and raffle was also held at The Central England Co-operative Foodstore in Littleport as part of the Wear It Pink Day for Breast Cancer Campaign.
The day’s events raised £670.77, which was matched by the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund (ACCF), so a cheque for £1341.54 was presented to the charity.
Chris Wright, store manager, said: “It’s been a great success fundraising for the Breast Cancer Campaign.
“Shoppers really supported the Wear it Pink Day and I’m overjoyed that with the help of the ACCF, we have been able to donate as much as we have.”
You may also want to watch:
Breast Cancer Campaign funds breast cancer research projects in the UK and Ireland.
Laurence Byrne, community fundraising manager at Breast Cancer Campaign, said: “What they raised is an incredible amount which will help us to fund more vital research into breast cancer.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
“Thanks to everyone at the store who took part in the fundraising activity – their efforts are much appreciated.”