Littleport Co-operative staff wear pink to raise more than £1,300 for a breast cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a foodstore looked pretty in pink as they raised more than £1,300 for a breast cancer charity.
A cake sale and raffle was also held at The Central England Co-operative Foodstore in Littleport as part of the Wear It Pink Day for Breast Cancer Campaign.
The day’s events raised £670.77, which was matched by the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund (ACCF), so a cheque for £1341.54 was presented to the charity.
Chris Wright, store manager, said: “It’s been a great success fundraising for the Breast Cancer Campaign.
“Shoppers really supported the Wear it Pink Day and I’m overjoyed that with the help of the ACCF, we have been able to donate as much as we have.”
Breast Cancer Campaign funds breast cancer research projects in the UK and Ireland.
Laurence Byrne, community fundraising manager at Breast Cancer Campaign, said: “What they raised is an incredible amount which will help us to fund more vital research into breast cancer.
- 1 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 5 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 6 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 9 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 10 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
“Thanks to everyone at the store who took part in the fundraising activity – their efforts are much appreciated.”