Littleport church hoping to boost restoration fund with charity auction
IT will be out with the old and in with the new at a church in Littleport in September as it prepares to boost its tower restoration fund by holding an antiques auction.
St George’s Church needs to raise �250,000 to fund urgently-needed repairs to its 15th Century tower and is hoping to kick-start its campaign by holding an auction, with Ely auctioneer David Palmer set to oversee proceedings.
Taking place from 6pm at Littleport Village Hall on Saturday, September 8, the auction will see almost 300 lots go under the hammer, with everything from Victorian marble to brass coal scuttles up for sale.
Littleport Society chairman, Grenville Goodson, said: “There will hundreds of lots on offer and real eclectic mix of items so we would like to see lots of people head down to the auction to support us.
“We are also happy to receive any donations that we can use as lots so please do get in touch if you can help.”
You may also want to watch:
Back in February, the tower fund was boosted by a �187,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund but parishoners still need to raise the remaining money to see that the work that is already under way can be completed.
INFO: Contact Mr Goodson on 07790156148 or visit www.littleportparishchurch.org.uk.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000