Littleport church hoping to boost restoration fund with charity auction
IT will be out with the old and in with the new at a church in Littleport in September as it prepares to boost its tower restoration fund by holding an antiques auction.
St George’s Church needs to raise �250,000 to fund urgently-needed repairs to its 15th Century tower and is hoping to kick-start its campaign by holding an auction, with Ely auctioneer David Palmer set to oversee proceedings.
Taking place from 6pm at Littleport Village Hall on Saturday, September 8, the auction will see almost 300 lots go under the hammer, with everything from Victorian marble to brass coal scuttles up for sale.
Littleport Society chairman, Grenville Goodson, said: “There will hundreds of lots on offer and real eclectic mix of items so we would like to see lots of people head down to the auction to support us.
“We are also happy to receive any donations that we can use as lots so please do get in touch if you can help.”
You may also want to watch:
Back in February, the tower fund was boosted by a �187,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund but parishoners still need to raise the remaining money to see that the work that is already under way can be completed.
INFO: Contact Mr Goodson on 07790156148 or visit www.littleportparishchurch.org.uk.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Town considers home for market
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate