Littleport church hoping to boost restoration fund with charity auction
IT will be out with the old and in with the new at a church in Littleport in September as it prepares to boost its tower restoration fund by holding an antiques auction.
St George’s Church needs to raise �250,000 to fund urgently-needed repairs to its 15th Century tower and is hoping to kick-start its campaign by holding an auction, with Ely auctioneer David Palmer set to oversee proceedings.
Taking place from 6pm at Littleport Village Hall on Saturday, September 8, the auction will see almost 300 lots go under the hammer, with everything from Victorian marble to brass coal scuttles up for sale.
Littleport Society chairman, Grenville Goodson, said: “There will hundreds of lots on offer and real eclectic mix of items so we would like to see lots of people head down to the auction to support us.
“We are also happy to receive any donations that we can use as lots so please do get in touch if you can help.”
You may also want to watch:
Back in February, the tower fund was boosted by a �187,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund but parishoners still need to raise the remaining money to see that the work that is already under way can be completed.
INFO: Contact Mr Goodson on 07790156148 or visit www.littleportparishchurch.org.uk.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 4 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 5 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture