Littleport care home is “amazing” say relatives
- Credit: Archant
Staff have been rated “first class” at an “amazing home” that has a cinema room and holds pamper days says inspectors who visited a a Littleport care home.
Littleport Grange, which has beds for 59 people, was rated good in all areas in a report that said staff were “kind and compassionate” and relatives felt people who worked there had gone the extra mile to closely monitor their family member.
People were encouraged by staff who understood their needs and how to help them remain as independent as possible, the report said, and they made sure they knew people’s life histories and food preferences.
One person told inspectors: “I love it here, its’s wonderful” while another said: “It’s an amazing home people are treated with dignity.”
“We observed kind and caring conversations between staff and people who lived at Littleport Grange,” inspectors said in the Care Quality Commission report.
“There was evidence of a wide variety of hobbies and interests that people enjoyed.
“This included painting, cookery, pamper days, music sessions, coffee mornings, cinema, picture bingo, sensory games and religious services.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
The setting in Ely Road, owned by Dove Care Homes, had strong links with the community, the report noted, and held an annual fireworks display and summer fete which were open to the public.
The inspection was held on August 21 and followed from a good inspection carried out in July last year.
Littleport Grange is one of five homes owned by the Dove Care Homes company. The others are at Truro in Cornwall, Hull, Witney in Oxfordshire and Worcester.