Littleport care home back on track 18 months after damning report
- Credit: Archant
A CARE home in Littleport has been given a clean bill of health almost 18 months after it had most of its residents withdrawn in the wake of a critical inspection report.
Back in April last year, almost all patients at The Grange care home were moved out by Cambridgeshire County Council and the NHS after inspectors from the Care Quality Commission raised “continued concerns” over the failing standard of care.
Just three private residents were left at the home so the owners, Dove Care Homes, appointed a new manager, Kathryn McGuirk, to help get the home back on track.
Mrs McGuirk said that reconnecting the home with the community would be among her top priorities when speaking to the Ely Standard and, more than a year later, she has succeeded in getting the home back on track.
A report released by the commission this week noted: “We carried out an inspection in May and published a report setting out our judgements. We asked the provider to send us a report of the changes they would make to comply with the standards they were not meeting.
You may also want to watch:
“We have followed up to make sure that the necessary changes have been made and found the provider is now meeting the standards included within the report. We reviewed evidence that demonstrated the provider had suitable arrangements in place
for obtaining and acting in accordance with people’s consent for their care.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.