Man arrested in connection with theft of tools, bike, sound system and turbo trainer
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a theft in Littleport where tools, a bike, sound system, turbo trainer and computer monitor worth more than £2,500 were taken.
The 35-year-old was arrested in New Road, Littleport, yesterday (Sunday August 16) in connection with the investigation surrounding the incident which happened in the early hours of Saturday August 8.
At the time, police said the homeowner - a woman in her 30s - was woken up by footsteps outside her house in Yeomans Way.
When the resident checked outside, she reportedly saw a man trying to fit something into the boot of a blue Peugeot 206, driving away moments later.
Shortly after, a second man was seen riding her husband’s bike worth about £1,000, connected to a turbo trainer worth approximately £200, down the road.
You may also want to watch:
The victims went downstairs to check their garage where they discovered tools worth about £1,000, a sound system worth £350 and a computer monitor had also been stolen.
The man has since been bailed to return to police on September 7.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues