Littleport Brass Band entertain guests with music at opening of renovated bandroom
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Brass entertained guests with music to celebrate the opening of their renovated bandroom.
The bandroom was officially opened by president Bill Sharpe, who was accompanied by his wife Joan before the band practice.
Other guests at the opening included Leader of the Parish Council Clive Webber with his wife Joanne Webber, who is a parish councillor and East Cambs District Councillor.
Also in attendance was Cathy Gibb de Swarte, who is the editor of Littleport Life magazine.
They were all entertained by the band before the serious work of rehearsals began. The band played Happy Birthday to the president's wife Joan and she received a presentation of flowers from son Simon who plays for Littleport Brass and his wife, Joan's daughter in law Sharon.
You may also want to watch:
Joan and Bill also have another son, Graham, who plays for the band.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely