Littleport Brass Band to lead community Christmas carol sing-along at Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Brass Band will lead a community Christmas carol sing-along at Ely Cathedral on Saturday December 16.
Forget the Christmas shopping for an hour and come and sing-a-long to your favourite carols accompanied by Littleport Brass Band.
Littleport Brass has been entertaining the public since around 1880 performing all styles of music from a traditional brass band repertoire to arrangements of modern pop’ songs, film soundtracks and swing band music.
As well as performing in numerous summer concerts we also compete in local and national contests two or three times a year.
In 2008 under the musical direction of Nigel Bramley the band became winners of the 3rd section areas, this gave the band an opportunity to perform at the Finals in Harrogate.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be Christmas music, readings and prayers.
Entry to the afternoon concert is free and all are welcome. The concert will start at 2pm.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
Visit www.littleportbrass.co.uk for more information.