Littleport BP garage re-opens one week after midnight ram raid caused extensive damage
- Credit: Archant
The BP garage at Littleport has re-opened just one week after a teleporter and a fork lift truck was used in a midnight ram raid.
Workman have been busy building a new brick wall at the site after extensive damage was caused on Friday December 15.
The ram raid forced the temporary closure of the site which includes an M&S food outlet.
Staff who had been temporarily working at other garages owned by the same company are now back behind their original tills.
It was the third robbery in Littleport this month. Costcutter was hit by ram-raiders on December 9 before burglars targeted the Co-op store in Wisbech Road two days later.
You may also want to watch:
Costcutter in Main Street was first to be hit, with three people stealing a cash machine after smashing into it in a car; the shop was left with smashed windows and doors and a bollard outside was also knocked over.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station