Littleport-based motorcycle club raises over £4,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A motorcycle club based in Littleport raised more than £4,000 for charity at the club’s annual bike show.
The 363 MCC Motorcycle Club holds its Crowning Around Bike Show every year with the aim of raising as much money as they can for their chosen charities.
This year the total of £4,250 raised at the show went to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices and Littleport youth group The Port.
The club has been delivering the large cheques to the charities in person: £2,000 has gone to the East Anglian Air Ambulance, £1,750 to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice and £500 to The Port.
Mark Robinson, 363MCC president said: “On July 3 we ventured over to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice to give them our donation.
You may also want to watch:
“The princely sum of £1,750 has been donated to this amazing cause - well done and thank you to everyone involved.”
Lyn Gibb-de Swarte said: “The youngsters from The Port, accompanied by Lindsay Cross, were delighted to receive a cheque of £500.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
“Tammy Swiderski, the community fundraiser from the East Anglian Air Ambulance was handed a cheque for £2,000.”
Tammy said: “I can’t thank the 363MCC enough for all the fundraising they do.”
Rob Reynolds, 363MCC member, said the cause is close to their hearts and they have supported it for five years.