Littleport author releases book of Fen poems
- Credit: Archant
Littleport author John M. Taylor has released a new book of poems titled ‘I Will Find You’.
The book begins in the Fens near Ely during the war, and charts the journey of a young boy whose destiny takes him to the other side of the world until, as a grown man, he is forced to journey back to his roots.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely High Street Passage, said: “In ‘I Will Find You’ John interweaves sweeping saga, family history and the subject of child migration and its effects with fascinating detail about Fen folk, and their crackled relationships with foreign soldiers and airman who were stationed locally during the war.
“John’s novel is the perfect combination of compelling fiction mingling with real history and historic detail.
“We are always proud to support local books and authors, in particular when their work is a really good read.
You may also want to watch:
“This novel casts a light on fascinating aspects of our local past during WW2 that still resonates today, and is a real page-turner.’
‘I Will Find You’ costs £8.99 and is available from Burrow’s Bookshop. A limited number of copies of John’s other book, ‘Raising Fen Tigers’, about poetical memories of a childhood in Littleport, are also availables for £9.99.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success