Littleport Armed Robbers to be sentenced today
FIVE men – four from Littleport - are due to be sentenced today for their parts in a string of armed robberies. James Curtis, 47, his sons James Walter Curtis, 25 and 17-year-old Mark Curtis all pleaded guilty to carrying out a string of armed robberies i
FIVE men - four from Littleport - are due to be sentenced today for their parts in a string of armed robberies.
James Curtis, 47, his sons James Walter Curtis, 25 and 17-year-old Mark Curtis all pleaded guilty to carrying out a string of armed robberies in isolated rural locations across the Fens and Norfolk.
A post office, isolated Fen homes and even a bowls club were targeted in their raids. The closest robbery took place at Southery - just seven miles from the mens' home.
The Curtis family, who live at Millfield, are well known in the traveller community, and when appearing in court, their father James senior gave his address as a well known caravan site between Sheringham and Cromer.
Stanley Rainford, 48, of Friar's Place, Littleport also took part in some of the robberies, alongside Charles Lee, 44, who is from Great Gidding, Huntingdonshire.
The men, who have been remanded in custody, will come before the judge at Norwich Crown Court.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
The maximum sentence for armed robbery is life in prison.