Science fair fun as Little Thetford Primary School hosts workshops and guest speakers
- Credit: Archant
Little Thetford Primary School held its first science fair to mark the end of the school’s science week.
During the week pupils from all classes took part in workshops which were funded by a grant from British Science Week.
There were also visits from guest speakers who shared a range of STEM careers with them.
For the science fair pupils planned, carried out and recorded results of experiments at home and then presented their work at the fair.
More than 20 science projects were displayed and a science teacher from Witchford Village College judged the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were awarded and all pupils received accreditation towards the CREST star or superstar awards which are run by the British science Association.
Star Awards ‘offer children the opportunity to learn through hands-on challenges that focus on their everyday lives’.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
The school’s science week was held from March 18 to 22.