£2,626 funding boost for Little Downham theatre group Youth Acts UP
- Credit: Archant
A youth musical theatre group based in Little Downham has bagged a £2,626 funding boost.
Youth Acts UP was awarded the money thanks to Tesco's Bags of Help community grant scheme, which is run in partnership with environmental charity Groundwork.
The money will go towards the group putting on a summer musical and winter pantomime, says Youth Acts UP producer Carol Hebbard.
"The aim is to increase confidence in young people, teach them new skills, team work, listening skills and many more," she said.
"They will make new friends and bring the community together twice a year to see their performances of a musical in the summer and a pantomime in the winter.
You may also want to watch:
"Seeing the audiences arrive to watch these very special young people consistently amazes me."
Becky Green, director, added: "We are so proud of everything they have achieved."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Voting ran in stores throughout May and June with customers choosing which local project they would like to get the top award using a token given to them at the checkout.
For further information about Little Downham Youth Group/Youth Acts UP email email@example.com